We believe that lasting sustainable development includes strong collaboration between civil society organizations, faith-based institutions, traditional leaders and the business sector. In all our programs, we link various sectors and agencies to create the social capital necessary for the pace and scale of development that can propel Africa into a new era of inclusive growth and equity.
Our strength is the ability to bring together a varied membership of philanthropic stakeholders who are working to address the many challenges facing Africa. APN membership includes African philanthropic support organizations, networks, community foundations, public foundations, private foundations, grantmakers, and civil society organizations established primarily for the purpose of collective action against global forces within the continent and in the diaspora.
Together, we share knowledge and undertake activities to build on the African traditions of philanthropy to address social injustice and other development issues that hinder Africa’s growth path and the attainment of sustainable development.
Benefits you can expect include:
- Free peer learning convenings
- Online communities of practice for organizational learning and support
- Access to our member database, peer learning resources, grant-making information, meeting reports, discussion forums, and presentations.
- News and updates about Philanthropy developments and opportunities on the African Continent via our website, social media feed and monthly e-newsletters.
- Subsidized registration fees for paid conference events.
- An opportunity to participate in our Annual General Meeting to shape APN’s program strategy (open to full members only).
To join us, click the botton above, Remember to also send the following attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your most recent Annual Report (including staff size, board members, mission, etc).
- Audited Financial Reports for the most recent fiscal year of operation with exhibits (including income and expenditure statements)
- By-laws or Statutes (Constitution, Trust Deed, Certificate of registration etc.)