Member Manager – Job Opportunity
We are hiring Member’s Manager
APN is seeking to recruit a capable, dynamic, self-motivated, result-oriented, and experienced individual to fill the position of Membership Manager. The successful applicant shall be located in sub-Saharan Africa.
The APN is a continent-wide network of African-owned and African-led philanthropy support organizations (PSOs) and individuals in Africa and its diaspora who promote the culture and promote the voice and actions for African philanthropy. It is a space for African institutions and individuals to interrogate the power dynamics that shape how resource mobilization, distribution, and spending impact the possibilities of transformative change in Africa. APN members include grantmaking organizations (both foundations and funds), CSOs, academic and research institutions, as well as philanthropy infrastructure organizations. The Network members envision a strong and effective philanthropic community, striving to build equitable and just societies in Africa. APN’s mission is to reclaim the power and elevate African philanthropy practices. Reclaiming the power of African philanthropy, entails reclaiming voice, actions, and resources!
The roles and responsibilities are outlined below. The employee will be working in a flexible innovative environment and is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s abilities as appropriate. The main task is to coordinate the implementation and evaluation of the APN member’s program. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and coordinate APN member’s recruitment, retention, and engagement
- Manage the planning, monitoring, and reporting of the membership program
- Organize networking activities and promote members’ connections.
- Work with colleagues in the organization to ensure that planning and communication activities support its member engagement goals.
- Liaise with colleagues ensure timely member surveys are conducted.
- Maintain membership database and prepare membership reports.
- Respond to member requests for assistance, information, and inquiries.
- Manage the programs and activities that support members.
- Coordinate outgoing communication to members.
- Ensure that members are aware of and access learning and networking opportunities.
- Provide support for and undertake any other task as directed by the APN Executive Director.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- At least a Master’s Degree in social sciences or related discipline.
- At least five years of related professional experience
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and executing networking or collective activities.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and managing partners across countries.
- Working experience with a membership organization or a network is critical.
- Experience in designing and executive advocacy for policy change is an added advantage.
- The ability to speak English and French languages is an added advantage.
- Willingness to work in a flexible schedule and online.
- Commitment to high integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
- Collaborative and team player
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, and Curriculum Vitae along with three referees through firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject of your email indicating the position you are applying for.
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application for this position is Friday, 10th May 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.