Inviting Volunteers to Apply
Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) is a continent-wide network of organizations that seek to reclaim the power and elevate African philanthropy practices. APN is seeking to recruit capable, dynamic, self-motivated, and result-oriented individuals to fill the positions of Volunteers. The volunteers will assist with the implementation of the APN’s Annual Activity Plan.
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa.
Office: In Tanzania or Virtual.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The Volunteers will support the APN secretariat in implementing planned program activities and research projects, which include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the planning and quality delivery of online peer learning events.
- Coordinate specific activities, and ensure timely and good quality reports and other products.
- Collaborate with the staff team to ensure effective coordination of partnership projects, timely and reasonably
- quality reports, and other products.
- Produce activity plan, ensure quality implementation and timely reporting as per agreed schedule
- Participate in organized meetings, both internal and external.
- Participate in planning, monitoring, and performance review of the related program and research activities and,
- Perform any other duties you may be assigned.
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional and Experience)
- Applicants need to possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science and other relevant fields
- At least 3+ years of related professional experience.
- Understanding of the civil society and social investment in Africa.
- Demonstrated experience in leading people or coordinating
- Experience in project planning and proposal writing for resource mobilization.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and executing professional events, both online and in person.
- Experience in conducting research- design, methodology, mobilization, data collection, analysis, and report production.
- The ability to speak English, French, and Portuguese is an added advantage.
Language proficiency, both verbal and written communications
Good communicator and facilitator.
Curious and eager to learn new things.
Dynamic and self-motivated.
Team player and relationship builder.
Respect for human rights.
Independent and result-oriented and
Adherence to quality and deadline.
- How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and your CV to Executive Director, APN, through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 30th May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.