- This event has passed.
Discuss on the continent’s readiness to deal with Covid-19.
April 4, 2020 @ 16:00 - April 5, 2020 @ 18:00
Join this Saturday for the the second day of the Infodemics organized by African Achievers Award with experts health, politics, economics, business and entertainment experts, scholars, leaders to discuss the continent’s readiness to deal with Covid-19. Tune in at 4pm GMT via zoom. The link at the bottom of the program:
Theme: African Response
Sessions for Day 2 Friday 4th April 16:00pm -18:00pm
16:00 – Moderator: Alimatu Dimonekene – Women and Girls Advocate and Campaigner
16:05 – Session 1
Presentation by Paul Alaje – Lead Economist SPM Consulting.
Topic: Economic Impact of COVID-19 and how Africa can be Protected
16:20 – Session 2
RESPONSE MANAGEMENT, RISK COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
• Dr. Sibongile Tito. – Gauteng Department of Health and
• co-founder and director of the Always Safe Network South Africa.
• Hon. Akin Alabi – Member Federal House of Representatives Nigeria.
• Mr Jake Epelle – Convener Disability inclusion Nigeria/Founder the Albino Foundation.
• Hon Beatrice Elachi – Kenya Speaker Nairobi County Assemby.
• Mohamed Macmomd Micheal Kallon – Sierra Leone Public health and Policy specialist
16:50 – Session 3:
Personal Experiences of COVID-19
• Jim Iyke – Renowned Actor/ Entrepreneur
• Ndaba Mandela- Author Entrepreneur and grandson of Nelson Mandela
Presentation by Dr.Ayobami Olufadeji – Emergency Physician at Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians/Clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School
Topic : How Health Technology in Africa can aid in our Fight Against the Coronavirus Epidemic.
17:00 Session 5:
Discussions on –
• AFRICA’S READINESS TO IMPLEMENT THE MEASURES THAT HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED TO CONTAIN COVID-19 IN CHINA.
• INTER REGIONAL COOPORATION AND INFORMATION SHARING.
• TECHNICAL RECOMMENDATION
• Beldina Auma, CEO of Strategic – Kenya Communications and Investment Promotions (SCIP)
International and Co-Founder of Lakewood Films.
• Farida Nabourema Engagement & Communications Coordinator of Africans Rising
• Hon. Favour Tomomewo. Nigeria- Ondo State Member of Parliament & Chairman house committee on women Affairs and social development.
• Queen Tina-Bella – South Africa- Health & wellness specialist.
• Komlan Messie -General Secretary of WACSOF- West African Civil Society Forum
Q/A 20 MINS
Please click link below to join the program at 16:00 pm GMT: